Since 2002, the WorkSafe Saskatchewan
public information campaigns have been very effective in raising awareness about injury prevention and safety in the workplace.
The public information campaigns include:
- Television ads featuring messages on the stark reality of workplace injuries
- Newspaper ads focusing on workplace safety measures
- Transit advertising featuring painted city buses in Regina and Saskatoon
- Restaurant ads and posters focusing on the statistics that flow from workplace injuries
View campaign ads
The WorkSafe Saskatchewan
website provides the resources
employers and workers need to ensure health and safety on the job.
In May 2008, at the WCB Annual General Meeting, the Board Members launched the Mission: Zero initiative with a strong logo and an even stronger call to action: Zero injuries. Zero fatalities. Zero suffering. The core message of Mission: Zero is that all workplace injuries are predictable and preventable, and it challenges workers and employers to strive for zero workplace injuries.
A new series of advertising was launched around this campaign. Research conducted in December 2008 shows:
- 95.7% of respondents support WCB investing in safety promotion. This is an all-time high.
- Over 30% of those surveyed had changed how they do something at work because of WorkSafe messaging.