WorkSafe Saskatchewan is pleased to announce the 2016 Youth Video Contest winners.
The 2016 Youth Video Contest winners are:
First place: Workplace Safety: It’s your Job by Shannen Garibay and Maria Himbeault (teacher Faron Hrynewich), Clavet Composite School, Clavet.
Second place: Bad Sitter by Lucille Arndt, Breanna Beals, Nash Brogden, Daniel Carifelle, Eva Desnomie, Erika Madarash, Tanner Miller, Taylor Stasuik and Kieran Zwolinski (teacher Anne Welles), Campus Regina Public (Cochrane), Regina.
Third place: One Mistake by Dylan Haussecker and Hunter Martin (teacher Curtis Buhs), Watson School, Watson
WorkSafe Saskatchewan judges the video entries based on creativity, originality, production value and the overall workplace health and safety message. WorkSafe Saskatchewan invited Saskatchewan filmmakers in Grades 9 to 12 to create a 2-minute video using the theme “It’s Your Job”.
WorkSafe Saskatchewan will present the winning videos at the annual NAOSH week luncheons in Regina and Saskatoon, May 2 and 3.
You can view WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s winning videos on WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s YouTube channel.
Saskatchewan’s first-place winner, Clavet Composite School, goes on to the national contest, hosted by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS). CCOHS announces the winners of the national contest during NAOSH week (May 1 to 7), including National Fan Favourite. Fan Favourite is chosen by public votes.
A video from Saskatchewan has won National Fan Favourite in 2013, 2014 and 2015. Voting for National Fan Favourite runs from Saturday, April 23 to Friday, April 29. We encourage the people of Saskatchewan and fans of the province to vote for Saskatchewan’s Clavet Composite School every day and to promote the contest using social media. Voters can access the voting website by using these links:
You can also access the contest and vote using the French links:
- This is year seven of the WorkSafe Saskatchewan Youth Video Contest.
- For WorkSafe Saskatchewan winning videos, both the teams and schools win a cash prize:
|Team / School||First||Second||Third|
|$1,000 / $1,500||$700 / $1,000||$300 / $500|
- CCOHS’ Fan Favourite wins a cash prize of $1,000.
- Past National Fan Favourite Winners:
- 2013 National Fan Favourite: A Workplace Dream, Foam Lake SK
- 2014 National Fan Favourite: Just Ask!, Humboldt SK
- 2015 National Fan Favourite: A Second Thought, Foam Lake SK
- National videos placing first, second and third in CCOHS’ Youth Video Contest win cash prizes of $2,000, $1,500 or $1,000, with a matching amount for the school.
- View past WorkSafe Saskatchewan Youth Video Contest winners and honourable mentions on YouTube.