By discipline: Dentistry
Dentists are accredited with Saskatchewan Health and are, therefore, automatically accredited with us and authorized to treat our customers.
- Dentists invoice us for services provided to our customers following the College of Dental Surgeons of Saskatchewan payment schedule and assessment rules;
- Summarize all services provided on your own invoice;
Payment can only be issued if the invoice meets the criteria. The following information is required:
- Worker’s name
- Worker’s address
- Provincial health number
- Date of birth
- Date(s) of service
- Caregiver number
- Clinic number
- Dentist’s name
- Dentist’s address
- Dentist’s Phone number / Fax number
- Fee code(s)
- Fee code amount(s)
- Number of units
The WCB will not pay any account rendered by a physician, surgeon, hospital or other health care professional or institution for medical aid service if application for payment is received by Operations or Medical Accounts after twelve-month period from the time the medical aid is administered to an injured worker. See Procedure PRO53/2006.
Retain your daily record of the service you provide to our customers in case an audit is required.
In treating our customers, dentists will:
- All dental services, except emergency treatment, must be pre-authorized by the WCB Procedure 56/2011;
- Comply with the Saskatchewan Health standards of care established for your professional group;
- Demonstrate ethical practice standards on a day-to-day basis, including disclosure to any perspective WCB customer of any business relationship you may have with their employer. This allows the worker to make an informed decision regarding their choice of care provider; and
- Refrain from using your affiliation with the WCB in any advertising for their services.