Did you receive a call or email from a company conducting a survey on behalf of the WCB?
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your feedback helps us serve you better.
The WCB conducts about ten external surveys each year. We survey injured workers, employers and the general public about the service you receive, the service you want to receive and about our injury prevention initiatives.
Any information you provide is confidential. The WCB contracts out all of its telephone surveys, and many of its online surveys, to a private marketing research firm. When the WCB directly sends out an online survey, the survey responses go to the Market Research Coordinator who has no access to claim or employer systems and ensures the information remains confidential.
- The WCB posts a list of surveys currently being done on its website.
- The WCB will never try to sell you safety services via a telephone call.
- If you receive a call that seems suspicious or you do not see a current survey listed on the website, call 1.800.667.7590 # 3266 and speak with the Market Research Coordinator.
- Absolutely not! The information from the surveys is summarized in a report to protect the identity of the survey respondent. Individual responses are not shared in the report.
- It is not possible to connect what anyone says on a survey with their ID, their claim or in any other dealings with the WCB.
- Before a database containing the survey responses is sent to the WCB by the marketing research firm, all identifying information is removed.
- Marketing research firms have the trained staff and the specialized equipment and software required to conduct a large survey.
- It often takes two to three weeks to complete the survey phoning. The WCB does not have the staff or equipment to do this.
- Many of our surveys require us to contact large numbers of people in order to meet our quotas. The cost of sending out pre-survey notices is too high.
- We randomly select those who will be phoned, so there is no guarantee someone on the list will receive a survey.
- Our contract with the marketing research firm has strict confidentiality guidelines and meets all privacy legislation.
- The WCB is legally allowed to hire an external firm to perform marketing research when the goal of the surveys is to improve the WCB’s services.
- The firm receives only the information it needs to conduct the survey for us.
- It does not receive information about the claims, employers, internal dealings with the WCB or anything else not essential to the survey itself.
- Sometimes the person we want to talk to isn’t available during normal working hours, and we may we have to call in the evening or on the weekend to reach them.
- Calling outside work hours is a legitimate and acceptable practice in marketing research, however we do not want you to be bothered at inconvenient hours.
- Survey calls on behalf of the WCB will occur Monday to Thursday between 5 pm and 9 pm, and on Saturday between 10:30 am to 4:30 pm
- If you receive a call at any other time, please let the Market Research Coordinator know at 1.800.667.7590 # 3266.
If you have any other questions, call the Market Research Coordinator at 1.800.667.7590 # 3266