Issues the FPO can deal with
Learn what issues the Fair Practices Office (FPO) can help you with.
The FPO works to promote fairness within the policies, procedures and practices of the WCB. We respond to inquiries and provide information about WCB processes and policies. We listen to concerns raised about:
- Delays in decision-making, communication and payment.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Staff conduct.
- Implementation of appeal and board decisions.
- Payments of earnings loss benefits, medical and travel expenses, independence allowances and permanent functional impairment benefits.
- Vocational rehabilitation services.
- Employer classification, assessments and the experience rating program.
- Application of policies and procedures.
We work with parties to find resolution. In complex cases, we may complete a review and, if appropriate, make recommendations to the WCB to address service issues.