Board and executive offices
Learn about the responsibilities of each division in the organization and the general classes, or types, of records the WCB keeps.
The board office provides policy direction, adjudicates final appeals from claimants and employers and rules on rights of action. The executive office directs the operations and administration of the Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), in accordance with workers’ compensation legislation:
- The appeals department hears first-instance appeals from workers and employers.
- Internal audit helps to ensure the WCB’s programs are meeting set objectives, in addition to protecting the WCB against abuse of the compensation system.
- Corporate policy co-ordinates the formulation of WCB policy and procedures.
- Legal services provides legal advice on all matters.
- Process improvement and administration provides payments to health-care providers, collects past due accounts, purchases goods and services, processes incoming information and works to improve processes across the organization.
The board and executive offices keep the following general classes, or types, of records:
- Adjudication policy directives.
- Personal information.
- Information from injured workers, employers and health-care providers.
- Documents, actions and decisions relating to claims.