Safety and Security – Workplace
Effective date: March 1, 2010
Application: All WCB staff, workers, employers, health care providers
Policy subject: General
To establish the authority to provide a safe and secure workplace.
- The Board Members (“Board”) of the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) acknowledge their responsibility under The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013 (the “Act”) to treat workers and employers in a fair and reasonable manner.
- The Board also has an obligation to ensure that WCB employees are able to carry out their duties in a safe and secure environment without fear of harm, whether physical or psychological.
- Aside from the Board’s responsibilities under the Act, Section 3-8 of The Saskatchewan Employment Act (the “SEA”) requires that employees be provided with a safe work environment.
- Section 3-21 of the SEA requires that employers must develop, in consultation with a labour/management Occupational Health Committee (OHC), appropriate policy or procedure if workplace violence has occurred or may reasonably be expected to occur.
- The Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board is committed to zero tolerance for all threatening and abusive behaviour.
- The Board hereby delegates the authority for the safety and security of WCB employees to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the WCB, who shall ensure that proper security measures are in place to protect WCB staff.
- Executive management, directors/managers, supervisors, team leaders and employees shall share in the responsibility for workplace safety and security during the administration of the Act (ADM PRO 05/2016, Safety and Security – Workplace).
ADM PRO 05/2016 Safety and Security – Workplace (WCB Staff)
ADM PRO 01/2016 Security of Premises and Property (WCB Staff)
ADM PRO 03/2016 WCB – Meetings After Hours (WCB Staff)
POL 05/2017 Privacy of Information