Travel Expense Rates
Effective date: January 1, 2019
Approved date: January 14, 2019
Application: Applies to all travel expenses incurred by an injured worker, dependant and WCB staff.
Policy subject: Allowance and expenses
To allow for updates to WCB travel expense rates.
- The Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) will cover travel expenses incurred:
- By an injured worker and/or a dependant (POL 39/2010, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – General), and
- WCB staff when travelling to conduct WCB business.
- Travel expenses include:
- Mileage, if a personal vehicle is used.
- Lodging (i.e., hotel and private), and
- The WCB has historically followed travel expense rates set by the Saskatchewan Public Service Commission (PSC).
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has the authority to approve updates to travel expense rates on the Board Members behalf. As the WCB follows rates set by the PSC, automatic updates to WCB’s travel expense rates will be made by the Manager of Corporate Policy, generally one month following the PSC rates being updated.
- The WCB will cover travel expenses incurred by an injured worker and/or a dependant and WCB staff based on travel expense rates outlined within PRO 01/2019, Travel Expense Rates.
- Travel expense will be covered based on the rates in effect on the date of travel.
- The WCB will update travel expense rates once it becomes aware that the PSC has updated their rates. WCB rates may not be effective the same date as the PSC rates.
- WCB travel expense rates will be rounded to the nearest cent.
(1) POL 02/2012, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – PSC Rate (effective January 10, 2012 to December 31, 2018)
(2) POL 16/96, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – PSC Rate (effective December 1, 1996 to January 9, 2012)
Print or share this page with others